It’s been a long time since we had the pleasure of attending and organizing parties. The past two years have been turbulent for many, but we are finally finding a way to adjust and live a life that’s the closest to normal as possible. With said adjustments, we have gotten back into party mode – and throwing parties is an even bigger challenge than before!
If you want to impress your guests and throw the best party they have been to in a while, you definitely need a party décor guide. Luckily for you, that’s exactly what we have here.
Party Planning: The Essentials
Before guests arrive, hosts have a long list of tasks to execute and sort out. The music, food, drinks, and even seating accommodations play an important part in the life of a party.
Party essentials, in terms of décor, are items that bring maximum comfort to the guests. This includes working out a seating arrangement – where will the guests sit – and food/drinks they will have. Plates and glasses, as well as utensils and similar items, are also included in this mix.
Once you sort out these details, it’s time to actively focus on décor. Decoration typically refers to items you don’t necessarily need but like to see at a party as they boost the atmosphere. If you have a party theme, all décor must be themed.
Top Style Tips for Parties
A party does not have to be a bore or stressful for the host. Although many of us inevitably end up being stressed and frustrated before the party, the simple truth is that you don’t have to be. What you should be is happy about the event, excited to see your guest, and devoted to making it a great experience for all attendees.
To do that, you will have to follow a few simple party décor steps. But how do you know that your party has the perfect décor?
Well, you can do that by picking a theme. This might not be your cup of tea, but themed parties are always at least one degree funnier than regular parties. Moreover, the choice of themes is a massive pool of ideas where you can mix and match elements, concepts, and even entire themes.
Quick Party Décor Tips
- Our suggestion is to avoid mixing general themes as it can cause disharmony, resulting in a style disaster that can put a damper on your party.
- Another tip that works well for party themes is picking a highly specific theme, rather than a general one. That way, the focus will be narrower, and you will know exactly what items to acquire for the decoration.
- If you still go with a general theme, make sure to pick one that’s not widely used. For instance, Halloween is a good classic theme that gives guests a way to express themselves, but it’s also very popular and thus dull.
- Pick a theme that gives you room for experimentation. Funky, disco themes and circus themes are great as they give partygoers a chance to explore various costumes, and you have many styling options for the decoration.
- Don’t go overboard with ornaments. You might think that more is great, but great parties often include a handful of decorations to be deemed great. We suggest picking a couple of statement pieces and no more than 10 ornaments to place around the house/apartment.
- Choose a theme you are familiar with because it will be easier to plan it if you know what you are looking for.
- The décor should be accessible. Decoration that costs too much or is unattainable is useless, and you will only spend days worrying about it instead of doing something productive. So, if you can help it, choose a theme that’s affordable – or easy to recreate.
Ask for help if you are overwhelmed and work out the details with your guests so that everything suits everyone involved. This is great as you can both include the guests and hear their feedback and get help along the way.
The Best Theme Party Inspo from Everyday Life
We talked about the themes and how to adjust them to your advantage, but we haven’t given you theme ideas. We will rectify that right away!
The best party themes for 2021 that are easy and affordable – yet not seen often and therefore fun – are:
- The disco era
- Peaky Blinders
- Neon and glowsticks
- The Godfather
- Las Vegas casino
- Florida pool party
- Epic fantasyland
- Denim only
- Movie classics
Our personal favourites are glowsticks and monochrome parties, as their magic lies in colours. You can purchase glowsticks, put up neon signs (if you have any) and tell guests to dress in white to glow all night. On the other hand, monochrome parties are dedicated to one colour only – and no one is stopping you from picking your favourite one.
On the other hand, you can never go wrong with the Las Vegas casino and the Godfather themes. The casino is a popular party theme, especially as it can be used in juncture with James Bond, gangster movies, and even Peaky Blinders. The theme has witnessed a bloom nowadays, thanks to a surplus of punters wagering at casinos online with innovative games that can be great for virtual parties – especially during COVID restrictions.
Another great idea is the bring-your-own-grocery-store-item, as guests need only a random grocery store thing they can pick up on the way to the party. In terms of décor, you can place anything you want and anywhere, as almost all items in the house come from the grocery store. Easy, cheap, and quirky!
Parties, social events, and interaction with friends and family make us human – and that’s exactly what we need today. If you are excited about throwing a party but worry about how it will turn out – don’t worry! Just relax, pick an easy theme, and have fun. That’s the whole point of parties.