Cleaning the kitchen may be more important than you think – it’s vital for your physical and mental wellbeing. Regular cleaning gets rid of germs, allergens, and food particles that attract pests. You’ll get to enjoy a beautiful kitchen that is stress-free and more organized.
If you are dealing with a kitchen pest problem, reach out to Cockroach Control Brampton or near you. Then, implement a cleaning regimen that works for you.
Here’s a guide to help you get started. This is what you should be cleaning every season, every week, and every day.
You don’t need to wash everything all the time, but there are some things you shouldn’t neglect, either. Seasonal deep cleaning helps to extend the life of your appliances and keep pests out of the house. Here’s what you should remember to clean every season.
- Mop the floor. Floors gather cooking oils and stains. Clean the floor with a mixture of floor cleaner and hot water, as per the cleaner’s instructions. Do this every few weeks or once a season, at the latest. For easier cleaning, you can get a spray mop.
- Clean the fridge and oven interior. Cleaning the interiors of your large appliances will get rid of smells and help them function better. Get rid of everything that has expired in the fridge, then disinfect the shelving. Use an oven cleaner and follow the instructions carefully.
- Organize the pantry. Pantries get dirty, greasy, and full of crumbs over time. Give yourself a few minutes to check expiration dates and wipe down the shelving. Then, put everything back in sealed, labeled containers.
- Clean the range hood. Range hood filters get clogged with grease. Take them off, then let them sit in a boiling pot of water and baking soda. Remove them after a minute or two, then dry them and put them back.
- Wash the dishwasher filter. The filter at the bottom of your dishwasher gets gunky over time. Don’t forget to take this out from time to time and scrub it clean with hot, soapy water.
Here’s what you should do every week. Pick a day to do them so you don’t forget.
- Vacuum the floors. Vacuuming is effective at getting all the dust and crumbs off the floor. Do this once a week or more to keep the floors clean. You’ll breathe better and be less likely to get ants.
- Maintain small appliances. Your toaster, microwave, and coffee maker get dirty, too. Don’t forget to clean these on a regular basis so they work properly.
Now for daily chores. Daily maintenance will keep the kitchen clean at all times, which will help you stay organized and make cooking more enjoyable.
- Do the dishes. Lots of people hate to do the dishes, but if you do them every day, it shouldn’t take you very long. Wash the dishes at the end of each day to fight odors and create space for your countertops.
- Clean the sink. Wipe the sink down with some cleaner when you are done doing the dishes. Sinks get oily in no time. Do this every day so you don’t attract pests and you can clean your dishes better.
- Wipe the countertops. Countertops are magnets for crumbs, grease, and dust. Take a minute to wipe them down when you’re done doing the dishes, every day. Your kitchen will look better, and it will be more hygienic.
- Take out the garbage. Take out the garbage at the end of each day. It will stop your kitchen from smelling bad and prevent the garbage from overflowing.
Make cleaning a habit
The key to a healthy home is to make cleaning a habit. Pick a time that works best for you and make it more enjoyable. If you clean every day, you’ll never have to spend hours catching up. Try putting on some music, or a podcast, or turning on the TV. Cleaning will be less stressful, and it might even help you unwind.