They are 80 Assembly Districts in CA and 12 people (6 men / 6 women) are elected from each Assembly District.
Here is the list with names and little biography of the 46th Assembly District Delegate Winners:
1. Avygail Sanchez: As a resident of the 46th Assembly District for over 25 years, She have seen the positive and challenging changes in her community. The best results have occurred when the community speaks up, participates, and holds accountable those who represent them. She is an active member of the Greater Los Angeles Area, and committed to the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, its values, and its efforts to improve communities, provide jobs, social services, and foster equality among all people
2. Natalie Rodgers: Is a lifelong Democrat. I am a Navy Veteran and have been an active participant in The Truman Project. She coordinated campaigns for Obama for America out of Michigan. As a downtown resident she wants to work on making the party more accessible to the residents of the inner city and bring awareness to Veteran’s Issues.
3. Pamela Burga: Pamela Burga, is someone who has worked to bring education reform to Los Angeles, she feel it important to have leadership representation that prioritizes improving educational opportunities for all students of all economic backgrounds. Education fundamentally impacts community development, workforce development, and economic stability.
4. Wendy Bruget: Ms. Bruget began her career as a union organizer for the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs. A native of Santa Barbara, California, Ms.Bruget is a graduate of University California at Santa Barbara, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science. Some of her recent accomplishments include: Working with a coalition including The League of California Cities successful passage of Proposition 98. Ms. Bruget is particularly proud of her involvement of the formation of the Baja California Binational Mayors Summit, which emerged from the initial dialogues of the 2008 Border Governors Conference in Los Angeles, California. She also serves on the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Los Angeles Political Roast Committee, which is the highest grossing fundraising event for the ADA. Ms. Bruget recently traveled to Hamburg, Germany with a delegation of California environmental leaders to showcase a state of the art waste to energy facility and to meet with German legislative leaders of the German Green Party.
5. Gloria Gasca: She pledges to uphold the democratic values of our district. She will support our leadership’s initiatives and work towards making positive changes in the communities which we serve.
6. Glenda Silva: Working as a public affairs consultant for the last 6 years has helped her understand that transparency by our elected officials and collaboration with their constituents, leads to good and responsible government. In supporting democratic candidates who believe in transparency and who actually engage their stakeholders in the creation and protection of legislation, we can preserve the interests of our community and our democratic values.
“California is the last Great Bastion of the democratic dream. We are the breakwater that is protecting California against the red tide that is sweeping across the nation and is protecting us from being swept into the abyss of the Pacific Ocean. It is from this very room that we are looking for the hope , vision , and leadership that will be the guiding light that will lead us through these difficult times where there is a huge backlash against the ideals of the democratic dream. California Dreaming.” Said Ruben Murillo, 46th Assembly District Delegate Candidate.
1. George Magallanes: As a lifelong resident of Boyle Heights and a former staff member to Democratic State Senator Tom Hayden, Assemblymember Jackie Goldberg, and currently Deputy District Director for LA Councilman Ed P. Reyes have dedicated his life to serving others. He believe that working together we will be able to shape a government that works for all.
2. *Enrique Gasca: His commitment to public service and education has been long and diverse. He currently serve as the Chair of the 46th Assembly District delegation on the Los Angeles County Democratic Party. His other community activities have included a board membership on the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project and Navidad en el Barrio. As President of Navidad en el Barrio, he was able to increase the annual food basket donation and help an estimated 125,000 individuals have a more joyous holiday season. Since the beginning of 2010, he have served as District Director for Assembly Speaker John A. Perez. As Speaker Perez’s principal district representative, his focus has been on solving California’s budget crisis, promoting policies that create high-paying, quality jobs in California and implementing real reforms to state government.
3. Ulisses Sanchez: As a life-long Democrat and resident of the 46th Assembly District, He have been an active community member in working towards improving the quality of life for the families throughout the 46th District, Los Angeles and surrounding cities. From his political activism in working aggressively to elect Democrats in local, state and federal government. He have demonstrated that I have the ability to take on challenging tasks and deliver the results that are needed for the region. He currently serves as the District Representative and Political Director for State Senator Ron Calderon.
4. Eduardo Cisneros: As a life-long Democrat and resident of Southeast Los Angeles County, He is a dedicated member of his community and has worked in various capacities serving it. His career as a public servant includes an internship with Sen. Martha Escutia (Ret.), community-based work in the non-profit sector, and now in the public sector at the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). At the LAUSD he serve as a staff member to the Board of Education working on education and education policy.
5. Mark Vargas: He is a lifelong Democrat and a longtime resident of the 46th District. He have had the pleasure to support our Assemblyman, Speaker John Perez since being one of the first to sign his filing papers for his candidacy. He will work to represent the diversity of our beautiful district and to promote ideas that create prosperity while protecting working women and men in California.
6. Azael Sonoqui (Sal Martinez): His friends in the community of Boyle Heights were his from know him as Sal Martinez, in 2001, he was bitten by the civic bug and since then I’ve joined/volunteered closely with local civic groups and law enforcement to provide, instill and equip our residents with the tools to change our quality of life. It’s his pleasure to serve on LAPD as a volunteer, receiving the 2007 OCB volunteer of the Year Award.
*Enrique Gasca was also voted as Executive Board
About The Democratic Party:
The Democratic Party and its members are responsible for some of our nation’s most important and impactful legislation: Social Security, Medicare, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Most recently, California Democrats played a leading role in helping President Obama pass the historic Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, ending the insurance company practice of denying coverage to children because of pre-existing conditions and lowering the cost of health care for millions of Americans.
Democrats are building a healthier future for our state and improving the quality of life for all Californians. We believe our state must make university and community college affordable for today’s working and middle-class families. We believe in rewarding hard work and expanding opportunities for all Californians in order to create stronger and healthier communities. There are more than 7.5 million registered Democrats in California – 44.49 percent of California voters. For more information visit http://www.cadem.org
Sources: 46th Assembly District & The Democratic Party
Editor’s Note: We want to wish good luck to all the nominees and winners. Also we want to inform you that we contacted some of the winners to quote them for this follow up story but as date of this published story we have not received any response.