The Grammy Awards are around the corner and The Recording Academy announced on Thursday, January 6, 2010 that The Recording Academy and Jive Records to release the 2011 Grammy Nominees album, this is the 17th edition of the best selling which will included artists and songs of 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Nominees.
“The exceptional mix of recordings contained on this preeminent compilation provides an incredible playlist from some of this year’s remarkable and talented GRAMMY nominees,” said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. He continue“With 19 diverse selections, the nominees album offers quality recordings for all music fans. We are proud and excited to, for the first time, collaborate with Jive Records on this project and we look forward to another successful chart-topping GRAMMY album.”
The cd will be available for purchase on January 25 and a portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares Foundation and the Grammy Foundation, those are two charities established by The Recording Academy. For more information and where to buy the cd http://www.2011grammycd.com
Also Ivan Gavin, COO of the RCA/JIVE Label Group said “The 2011 GRAMMY Nominees album showcases some of the year’s best artists and songs from all genres and we’re honored to partner with The Recording Academy to release this compilation of the signature songs from the past year,” He concluded “In addition to offering great music, the collection also gives music fans the opportunity to support MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation — two charities that benefit the artistic community.”
2011 GRAMMY Nominees AlbumTracklist:
1. CEE LO GREEN “Forget You” Record Of The Year Song Of The Year
2. B.o.B FEAT. BRUNO MARS “Nothin’ On You” Record Of The Year
3. KATY PERRY FEAT. SNOOP DOGG “California Gurls” Album Of The Year
4. LADY GAGA FEAT. BEYONCÉ “Telephone” Album Of The Year
5. EMINEM FEAT. RIHANNA “Love The Way You Lie” Record Of The Year Album Of The Year Song Of The Year
6. LADY ANTEBELLUM “Need You Now” Record Of The Year Album Of The Year Song Of The Year
7. ARCADEFIRE “Ready To Start” Album Of The Year
8. ADAM LAMBERT “Whataya Want From Me” Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
9. JOHN MAYER “Half Of My Heart” (with Taylor Swift) Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
10. MICHAEL BUBLÉ “Haven’t Met You Yet” Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
11. BRUNO MARS “Just The Way You Are” Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
12. MICHAEL JACKSON “This Is It” Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
13. RAY LAMONTAGNE and the PARIAH DOGS “Beg Steal Or Borrow” Song Of The Year
14. MIRANDA LAMBERT “The House That Built Me” Song Of The Year
15. SADE “Babyfather” Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
16. PARAMORE “The Only Exception” Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
17. TRAIN “Hey, Soul Sister” (Live) Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
18. MAROON 5 “Misery” Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
19. GLEE CAST “Don’t Stop Believin’” (Regionals Version) Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals.
The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards will be held Sunday, Feb. 13 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
About The Recording Academy Was established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards — the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music — The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit www.grammy.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, join the organization’s social networks as a Twitter follower at www.twitter.com/thegrammys, a Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/thegrammys, and aYouTube channel subscriber at www.youtube.com/thegrammys.
About Jive Records Jive Records is a record label within the JIVE Label Group. The label represents a varied group of internationally renowned artists representing all genres of music including Justin Timberlake, R. Kelly, Usher (LaFace), Tool (Volcano), Ciara (LaFace), P!nk (LaFace), Britney Spears, OutKast (LaFace), Kirk Franklin (Verity), The Days Grace, T-Pain, Marvin Sapp (Verity), Jordan Sparks, JLS, Bullet For My Valentine, Buddy Guy, Anthony Hamilton and more. JIVE Label Group is a unit of Sony Music Entertainment. Sources: The Recording Academy Press Room & Hollywood Events Examiner
Editor’s Corner: Readers what do you think about this compilation? Will you go purchase it? Will you watch the show too? Please leave your comments and feel free to share this story with your friends. Also follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/diversitynewsee and add me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/people/Steven-Escobar/100000054606373