Wow Contestants from 94 countries and territories and
Asians are breaking barriers and finally been acknowledge and accepted to the american culture as great Diverse community that is contributing so much to the USA. At the Miss Universe pageant competition 3 Asians made it to the final top 10. The three were Miss Vietnam USA and Miss Thailand USA, crowning Miss Philippines USA Catriona Gray as the winner of Miss USA 2018!
On Sunday, December 17, 2018, the 67th Annual Miss Universe pageant, was held on at IMPACT Arena, Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani Popular 3 Rd, Ban Mai, Nonthaburi 11120, Thailand. On the day Catriona Gray from Philippines Crowned Miss Universe 2018.
“Congratulations CATRIONA. You made us FIL AMS so proud. You are an epitome of beauty, intelligence and strength. A true inspiration for all! Mabuhay! Said Virgelia Villegas, CEO and Producer at Miss Asia USA of Virgelia Productions Inc.
Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters of South Africa crowned her successor, Catriona Gray of the Philippines at the end of the telecast event.
The 67th annual Miss Universe pageant was hosted by Comedian and Television Host Steve Harvey along with
supermodel Ashley Graham.
Fashion television personality Carson Kressley and runway coach Lu Sierra provided commentary and analysis throughout the live telecast.
The performer was American singer-songwriter Ne-Yo who sung during the live show.
What prizes won Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray.
- To wear a prestigious phoenix crown, designed by Mikimoto & Co., Ltd., worth $250,000 or P13.2 million. Gray cannot keep the crown after her year is over.
- As usual a year-long salary as Miss Universe
- Luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- A one-year supply of haircare products and tools from Farouk Systems, the makers of CHI Haircare
- A shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry Shoes & Accessories
- A personalized face chart and products from MAC Cosmetics
- Personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness @ Le Parker Meridien Hotel and hair services from John Barrett Salon
- A modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographers
- Dermatology and skincare services
- A professional health and nutrition consultation
- Dental services
- Professional representation by The Miss Universe Organization
- Extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners
- Access to various events including casting opportunities, movie premiers, screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties
- Personal appearance wardrobe and styling by the official Miss Universe Organization fashion stylist
About Miss Universe Catriona Gray:
Catriona Gray is passionate about the arts and previously received her Master Certificate in Music Theory from Berklee College of Music. She works closely with Young Focus Philippines, an education based NGO that provides free education and school sponsorships for children in Tondo Manila, one of the poorest neighborhoods within the country’s capital city.
Catriona is an advocate for HIV/AIDS education and prevention after losing a close friend to the virus. She additionally supports Love Yourself Philippines, an organization that offers free testing, education and treatment to those living with HIV/AIDS, and now as Miss Universe, plans to bring more awareness to the epidemic.
The Miss Universe Organization (MUO), an Endeavor company, creates and advances opportunities for women around the world through its network of relationships across entertainment, fashion and philanthropy. MUO encourages every woman to challenge herself, find her unique voice, and embody the organization’s mission of being Confidently Beautiful. The 10,000 women who participate in Miss Universe programs annually inspire others to pursue their personal and professional goals while making an impact in their communities. The MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® competitions provide contestants and titleholders an international platform through dedicated partnerships with global charities, sponsors, and brands. For more information, and to learn more about The Miss Universe Organization’s official global causes, please visit: www.missuniverse.com.