Film Submission Period now open for the 2013 Hola Mexico Film Festival in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA (January 15, 2013) – Now on its 5th edition in Los Angeles, California; the Hola Mexico Film Festival (HMFF) continues to showcase narrative and documentary feature films and short films by Mexican directors and film production companies. The festival will take place from May 15th to 22nd and the film submission process is now open. Interested filmmakers and film companies are welcomed to submit their recent works.
Film Submission Period now open for the 2013 Hola Mexico Film Festival
Categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY, SHORT FILMS
Early deadline – February 22, 2013
Regular deadline – February 28, 2013
Late deadline – March 1, 2013
Final deadline – March 8, 2013
Online Process. See http://www.holamexicoff.com/submission-2013 for submission information.
The Hola Mexico Film Festival features premieres of recent and award winning works by Mexican filmmakers with Hollywood style galas, red carpets and film screenings in a festive environment. All screenings are attended by film critics and journalists from international, national, local and film specific media outlets. The festival’s major red carpet events are attended by renowned film celebrities in the USA and Latin America.
The festival’s program will include 15 narrative entries from any genre (i.e. comedy, drama, action, sci-fi, horror, etc.) The Hola Mexico Film Festival selects high quality films regardless of popular, artistic or commercial appeal. We encourage film productions that transcend, move and change audiences to apply.
Documentary production has grown exponentially in Mexico in the past 5 years. Many film experts suggest the quality in documentary filmmaking seen recently is higher than narrative films. The Hola Mexico Film Festival is looking for the best documentaries from Mexican filmmakers. We seek stories that show what is happening in Mexico today.
The Hola Mexico Film Festival is looking for high quality short films out there. We want to showcase a variety in storytelling and genres. Selection will be open to animation, black and white, comedy, documentary and every revolutionary or groundbreaking idea that can be captured on video.
I. GENERAL RULES FOR SUBMITTING TO THE HOLA MEXICO FILM FESTIVAL:
1) 50% or more of the Film’s financing originated from sources within Mexico.
2) Films that have screened at more than two film festivals anywhere in the USA are not eligible to submit to the Festival.
3) Films that are Los Angeles premiere will have an advantage to other films that have been shown in Los Angeles before.
4) Films that have been previously released on DVD or broadcast on television or the internet in the United States are not eligible for the festival unless the version submitted is significantly different from the version that was previously released or broadcast.
5) Films completed prior to January 1st, 2011 are not eligible to apply.
6) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted Film. The festival will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film.
7) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the submitted DVD plays in its entirety on an industry‐standard DVD player prior to submitting it to the Festival.
8) The festival is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted film to the applicant or any other representative of the submitted film. The Hola Mexico Film Festival will not be held responsible or liable for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding any submitted film obtained by the applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
See http://www.holamexicoff.com/submission-2013 for submissions and more information.