On Friday, March 16, 2012 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am Men’s and Women’s Elite Runners of the 2012 Honda LA Marathon held a Press Conference at 2012 Honda Los Angeles Marathon Media Center in the Dodger Stadium – Baseline Club on the First Base Line (Field Level).
to discuss this year’s race, strategies for the Stadium-to-the-Sea course, and the LA Marathon Challenge which will award $100,000 to the first individual – man or woman – to cross the finish line.
From the Men’s field present were:
- David Mandago, Kenya, PB: 2:06:53, Paris, 2009
- Elias Kemboi, Kenya, PB: 2:07:04, Frankfurt, 2010
- Gudisa Shentama, Ethiopia, PB: 2:07:34, Paris, 2008
From the Women’s field present were:
- Misikir Mekonnin, Ethiopia, PB: 2:25:21, San Diego, 2011
- Belainesh Gebre, Ethiopia, PB: 2:26:17, Chicago, 2011
- Yeshimebet Tadesse, Ethiopia, PB: 2:27:45, Dubai, 2010
- Fatuma Sado, Ethiopia, PB: 2:28:01, Istanbul, 2011
About The Honda LA Marathon:
The Honda LA Marathon gives runners and fans a unique way to experience the beauty and diversity of Los Angeles with the race’s third year of the iconic “Stadium to the Sea” course. Runners will begin at Dodger Stadium and continue through Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Echo Park and Silver Lake, passing world-famous landmarks including the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Pantages Theatre, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive. The race ends on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, near the Santa Monica Pier. The energy, enthusiasm and entertainment to be found along the course is unparalleled. For more information visit http://www.lamarathon.com